Friday, January 14, 2011

Wildlife watching

After work on Thursday, I decided to do my trail run at Lake Pueblo. I knew there would be snow on the ground still and was hoping the mud wouldn't be too bad. Well, there was plenty of snow and my shoes are covered in soft, gooey clay. I think coming down South Shore, I added a few extra pounds of mud to my shoes. It was a good run, but I think riding down there is not worth the trouble for a few more days. My bike is clean and I want to keep it that way...

The fun part of the run was the wildlife. I couldn't tell who was doing more watching, me or the wildlife! I saw a large red tailed hawk enjoying dinner. I think it was a rabbit, it was large enought. I also saw two coyetes meandering around the rocks. They paused and watched me for a while, making me wonder where the rest of the pack was. Then they bounded off, like the lions of Tsavo. Reading books about wildlife and man eaters is not the best idea before going for a twilight trail run alone! I ran a little faster after that thought crossed my mind. Esecially since there was no one else on the trails...

No comments:

Post a Comment